The goal of the Jean Scott Transition House is to provide a safe shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
Everyone has the right…
- To live free from abuse, violence and the threat of violence in relationships and in society
- To live free of poverty, racism and prejudice
- To access resources, support and information concerning their human and legal rights
- To consent and decline services
- To expect ethical, qualified, experienced and well supervised services
- To be involved in any decision made on behalf themselves which may impact on their progress and quality of life
- All children must have the right to physical safety and psychological and emotional security to fully realize their individual potential
- The liberation of women will occur when we accept and celebrate diversity and reach political, economic, social and cultural equality
Jean Scott Transition House is an 8-bed facility, providing free accommodations and support services to women with or without their children who are fleeing an abusive environment. We are staffed 24-hours.
You can reach the Transition House at 604-869-5191