This School-Based Program is designed to assist school personnel, youth and their families with issues regarding drug prevention and intervention. The program provides primary prevention, early intervention and community development in an attempt to reduce the incidence of alcohol and drug problems within the school community and the community-at-large.
The program provides:
- A Direct-Study Program for students who have been identified with a substance abuse issue
- Support groups dealing with life skills, problem solving, coping mechanisms, family and peer relationships, education and awareness regarding substance abuse
- Assistance in the development of school health policies and health initiatives in regards to drug and alcohol use
- Classroom presentations specifically related to the topics of drug and alcohol prevention with the promotion of healthy alternatives.
- Referrals to youth and their family for further support