Hope and Area Transition Society Emergency Shelter Worker
The Shelter is looking to hire Relief and Permanent Shelter Workers. Openings for Permanent workers include Day and Night Shifts, and Relief Workers will be available to a variety of positions.
This position entails the worker to perform their position with little or no supervision, although workers will work in pairs on shifts.
The preferred candidates will have:
- Worked with individuals who are impacted by a variety of complex social issues, either in a paid position or volunteer capacity
- Understanding of a Trauma Informed practice when it comes to working with individuals who have complex trauma and multiple challenges
- De-escalation skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical
- Be able to demonstrate professional and personal boundaries
- Ability to consistently apply policies, procedures and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication; efficient time, organizational and stress-management skills
- Ability to work as a team member and support decisions from other shifts and colleagues.
- Ability to make critical, sound judgements when working with vulnerable people
- The ability to be self-motivated and take initiative is required
It is critical that the worker be able to demonstrate ethical thinking and make sound judgments. Ability to pass and maintain security clearance. Must be able to follow through on previous shifts decisions and tasks.
The permanent positions will come with full compensation package after 3-month probationary period.
Along with resume send a letter of interest indicating how you meet the qualifications stated above to:
Closing Date: Open till Filled
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.