Hope and Area Transition Society Family Therapist
The Hope & Area Transition Society is a non-profit organization which provides programs and services to individuals afflicted by social issues.
The Society is seeking applications for the position of a permanent part-time Family Therapist.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology or related field. Training and /or experience working with families in crisis.
- Delivery of counselling will be under-pinned in trauma-informed practice
- Additional training in art and play therapy, as well as experience providing direct intervention to families
- Able to work collaboratively with community partners and the ability to work and adapt to various systems, protocols and practices with partner agencies
- Motivation, initiative and flexibility
- Non-judgmental approach to working with families, strong listening & communication skills (written & verbal), and conflict resolution skills is necessary
It is critical that this person be able to demonstrate ethical thinking and make sound judgments and respecting the diversity of our community.
Ability to pass and maintain security clearance, carry a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle. Some evenings maybe required, therefore the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule.
Send resume letter of interest in PDF format indicating how you meet the qualifications stated above to:
The Hope and Area Transition Society
Box 1761 Hope, BC V0X 1L0
Closing Date: Open Till Filled
Start Date: ASAP
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted