Homeless Outreach Program
The Homeless Outreach workers can meet with you to determine your housing needs, connect or introduce you to required services, and try to connect you with housing that’s appropriate and available.
Outreach workers can offer:
- Immediate outreach assistance to meet you where you are at. This may include a referral to an emergency shelter for a place to sleep, wash and eat.
- Case-planning assistance to help you get identification, apply for income assistance and set housing goals.
- Assistance to find housing options and provide support with the application and move-in process. Rent supplements may be available to support this process. Outreach workers can accompany you to appointments and/or housing viewings.
- To refer you to support services such as health care, counselling and addiction recovery.
To help you with more permanent housing options including supportive housing and subsidized housing.
- To be a resource for housing providers/landlords and answer their questions and concerns.
- Ongoing support as required.