Looking for a way to support people who are impacted by substance use and mental wellness through an inclusion approach? The Hope & Area Transition Society is looking for a person to join our team. This is a temporary position for up to a year. Guaranteed 21 hours per week with the potential of 35 hours depending on securing further funding.
The Mental Health/Substance Use Inclusion worker will work within a Mobile Team to deliver Mental Health and Substance Use services in Hope and the Fraser Canyon Communities.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree in Social Work or an Undergraduate Degree with specific preparation in Substance Abuse Counseling and Mental Health
- Have an understanding of the socio-economic conditions in Hope and how these impact on the community
- Knowledge of the local Indigenous Communities and ability to work alongside the community to design and develop services that will incorporate cultural practices and approaches
- Demonstrate trauma informed practices and work through a lens of non-judgement and compassion
- Be able to demonstrate professional and personal boundaries
- Knowledge of programs, treatment centers, and community resources
- Ability to collect and submit appropriate data for statistical analysis
- Be able to work independently with little or no supervision and be able to work as part of team
- Excellent verbal and written communication; efficient time, organizational and stress-management skills
It is critical that this person be able to demonstrate ethical thinking and make sound judgments. Ability to pass and maintain security clearance. This job will require a flexible schedule to meet the needs of clients and the community. Valid drivers and own vehicle. Bonus upon successful completion of probationary period.
Along with resume send a letter of interest in a PDF indicating how you meet the qualifications stated above to:
The Hope and Area Transition Society
Closing Date October 1, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted