Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment
The PEACE program is a psycho-educational initiative aimed at ultimately breaking the cycle of violence against women and children. Children can participate in group sessions or individual one-to-one sessions. This program is for children from ages 4-18.
The goals are:
- To dispel common myths surrounding family violence
- To provide a non-threatening environment to talk about feelings and help teach healthy ways to express anger, hurt, fear, etc.
- To let children know that they are not alone, and to help them share their thoughts and feelings with others from similar family situations.
- To define abuse (physical, emotional, verbal and sexual) and to let the children know their personal rights
- To teach problem solving and coping skills
- To identify the causes and effects of conflict
- Includes Safety Planning to create personal safety plans, to identify and develop support networks