Job Title: Staff Relief Worker
Hours of Work: Casual/On-Call
Location of Work: To be discussed (Hope, BC)
Rate of Pay: $20.52-$23.90 + 10.2% in lieu benefits
Starting Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Open until filled
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Diploma in related human services or social service field
- One-year combination of education and experience in the Social Services Sector either paid or volunteer basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of guidance, goal setting and appropriate emotional support from a feminist perspective.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to conduct client intake and assessment
- Excellent understanding of the dynamics of abuse and gender violence from an intersectional feminist perspective
- Ability to assess residents’ immediate needs and assist them to define and implement an action plan
- Ability to monitor and ensure the safety and comfort of the women and children residents and the security of the facility
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of professional boundaries
- Excellent ability to provide emotional support to clients through active listening, and validating client’s emotions
- Good knowledge of other community services and resources and ability to provide appropriate referrals to clients
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals facing multiple barriers
- Ability to work with diverse clientele, and demonstrate cultural competency
- Ability to be flexible and respond to phone calls in crisis situations
- Strong knowledge about the dynamics of abuse, sexual assault, historical sexual abuse, criminal harassment, trauma and attachment theory
- Proficient computer literacy including database programs and strong record keeping skills
- Ability to maintain accurate, and appropriate file notes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license and use of own vehicle for transportation if required
- Jean Scott Transition House is a BCGEU Unionized workplace
- Only qualified applications will be invited to an interview
- Applicants must be able to commit to being available to work weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays as needed.
Send your resume with cover letter in confidence to:
Anna Gladue – Program Coordinator
Jean Scott Transition House
Box 1761 Hope, BC V0X1L0
email@example.com | fax: 604-869-5172