Hope and Area Transition Society
Temporary Shelter Workers
In light of this unprecedented time Hope and Area Transition Society is seeking temporary shelter workers to provide coverage at the Emergency Shelter and if or when we require isolation centres for the vulnerable population.
This position entails the worker to perform their position with little or no supervision, although workers will work in pairs on shifts.
We are seeking individuals who have an understanding of the following and can demonstrate the following:
- Worked with individuals who are impacted by a variety of complex social issues, either in a paid position or volunteer capacity
- Understand complex trauma and multiple challenges
- De-escalation skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical
- Can be assertive and set boundaries
- Ability to consistently apply policies, procedures and practices
- Ability to work as a team member and support decisions from other shifts and colleagues.
- Ability make critical, sound judgements when working with vulnerable people
It is critical that the worker be able to demonstrate ethical thinking and make sound judgments. Ability to pass and maintain security clearance. Must be able to follow through on previous shifts decisions and tasks.
This is a 24/7 operation, shifts are day, evening and nights and operate on a 4 on and 4 off rotation.
Send resume to:
Closing Date: Open till positions are filled
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.